ridiculous comments of photos on trekEarth - Page 3 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-18-2007, 03:19 PM
TE Newbie

Default hard lesson

well, I didnt get the skier centered - even though I... tried ;)

that is not the issue, though,

I should have written my own reply to your comment under the photo, and not bring it on the main forum,

this whole thread made me think a lot,
right now I wouldnt include your comment in my post, as I do appreciate your words and understand your point of view,

and I appologize for calling your comment ridiculous,

I shouldnt call the "cow comment" ridiculous either, even though I still cannot find too much sense in it - I just couldnt take that photo from a different POV, because the cow wouldnt be looking at me anymore - it was a snap - but I never thought about taking that photo from a different angle either,

well, its been a hard lesson for me there and Im glad you all helped me realize few things,

regards, to all of you ;)
Old 10-18-2007, 05:01 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: hard lesson

;-)
Old 10-19-2007, 12:49 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: hard lesson

And peace is once again restored to the forum.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: ridiculous comments of photos on trekEarth

It's obviously that your photos are perfect ... and it's obviously you know everything about the world and about photography!

- Perfect timming
- Perfect composition
- Perfect colors

WOW ... i've never ever saw perfection before ... thank you for showing me the way!

C'mon... grow up ... stop whinning... people are just commenting your photos, trying to give you some imputs how to make your photos even more "perfect"... they use their own emotions and standards ... if you cannot take a punch on your stomach than you shouldn't put your photos under a place like this... and believe me ... Trekearth is a "soft" place in terms of critique harshness.

Every single shot can be better, do you deny this??? ... there's not a single shot in the world than couldn't be better ... you ... me and Capa inclueded.

Sometimes its impossible to make them better ... the weather condicions ... the timming ... the tecnique ... the split of the second that you have to make an choice ... however that is not an excuse to not want to make them better next time ...

And this is what it's all about ... always try do make them the best possible within the conditions of the moment.

And people "my friend" ... are just trying to help you here!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
TE Expert

ok!

I wrote this and i didn't realized that apparently you've understand things around here.

Obviously you don't have to agree with all the comments ... i don't agree with all the critiques i receive.

But i do learn with all of them ... even with those apparently "senseless".

Regards and welcome aboard!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 PM
TE Newbie

Damn, after reading the title I thought this post would have some sense, finally.

I see you've already learnt that those two comments you received weren't ridiculous after all, but exactly the kind of comments this site NEEDS. The only "critiques" I find ridiculous, are the ones that say "incredible, a good shot, great POV, excellent composition" etc. Always the same, nothing new really. And since I'm just a beginner in photography, actually all of my pictures are quite bad. Most of them suck. And still people give me 2 points. Why?? Seeing my pictures one can see immediately that I've posted many pictures just because I've felt like posting, not because I thought they were good. And that tells something about the comments one receives here.

Most people are here to learn. Or am I wrong? So why shouldn't we give everyone the critiques they need in order to learn? - the kind of critiques that tomek calls "ridiculous"
Old 10-20-2007, 12:07 AM
TE Junior Member

Hang in there a little more, then you will enjoy being part of TE community. My first thing to do in the morning when I woke up is browsing TE. I've learnt a great deal from the members' comments/critiques. Looking forward for your future posts. Sothy
Old 10-20-2007, 12:18 AM
TE Newbie

When you feel as though you have taken a picture as good as you could have executed it then be proud of what you did. Each one of us has a different eye and with that a differing opinion. I too have been upset at certain critiques but have learned to take them with a grain of salt and but also take them as help to improve your craft. As for your cow picture I can understand why they would have wanted you to be farther away but then it would have been a completely different shot and not so perfectly named traffic jam. But remember it is their opinion and like others had stated you put it on display to be "critiqued" and critique they did. Maybe incorrectly or without sensitivity but they did take the time to notice your photo out of thousands and that in itself should be encouraging. My personal mantra is "failure is not to try and fail but not to try at all". So with that if I take a picture and post it on TE with the thought that I'm going to get 100 points and it gets 4 it doesn't mean i didn't take a good picture. I'm still proud of what I do and enjoy sharing my photos with people I will never meet and hope they will share them with me, that is what makes TE a great place!

I think I may have rambled a bit but have felt like I've been in your shoes but have learned a lesson or two along the way, but hey take this with a grain of salt.

Mel
Old 10-20-2007, 12:23 AM
TE Expert

lol are you actually trying to liken yourself to Capa? If you are so thin skinned that you have to cry about someone writing some criticism, then maybe you should show your photos to friends only.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:23 AM
TE Newbie

Actually I'm not thin skinned at all. I have no problem with my photo being criticized and appreciate the constructive criticism when I receive it. What I am likening myself to is a person that was once new to TE and had not had criticism before only "friends" who complimented me on my photography no matter how bad it was. In fact my favorite person on TE is Floydian and he always lets me know exactly what is wrong with my work and I try hard to achieve a result he would be satisfied with. It has made me a much better photographer because of it.

So with that thin skinned comment, I am a Tennis Professional and give criticism every day but I also know that the delivery what I give it is more important than what I give. That is one reason I am a very successful coach and highly respected in my area. I also receive it daily as well from the patrons that come to my facility about the way I run my program and I take them seriously whether they carry merit or not and never let them effect the way I feel emotionally, just as I haven't let your little "jab" upset me in anyway.

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion about my personality you must have gotten your translation wrong but if you have any further questions about my comments please feel free to ask.

Mel