To tyro: Thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2014-07-27 16:08

Hi Finlay,

A lovely photograph from today - and a historic one at that, showing the eventual winner of this marathon as he passes Pollok Park.

I can imagine that the route of the marathon must have been quite crowded with spectators, so I suspect you probably did your homework well in advance and planned your position and got there pretty well ahead of the event too.

Your composition is good and what is really appealing is that Shelley has excellent eye contact with you - or your camera - and I like the way we can see water spilled from the water bottles too as that adds to the action. Just such a slight pity that we can't quite see the feet of all of the runners - I wonder if they are in your original image or not?

An excellent and historic photograph.

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 AM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: Thanks

Thanks for your comments John. I had noticed the feet of the leading athletes had been cut off. Just a little bit of road in front of them would have been better, but this is the original image so nothing I could do about it after the moment had passed.

There was a healthy turn out of spectators and all the athletes received warm encouragement from the crowds regardless of which countries they represented. In fact some of the loudest cheers were for the athletes who had dropped furthest behind the field. Good to hear.