To Ascot: intriguing, almost secretive - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Ascot 2010-04-29 1:16

I love the effect here Robert. There are several different layers to this photo, all of which I find most intriguing, almost secretive. It is difficult to tell where reality begins and ends. The complementary colours are subtle and very beautiful.

For an absolute beginner such as myself, this type of photo is most inspiring.

Thank you,

Amelia

Old 05-02-2010, 03:28 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs up To Ascot: intriguing, almost secretive

Thank you, Amelia!

Haven't received a critique for any of my photos on here for a long time, so yours has really made my day!

When I was taking this photo of the hospital's double doors, it wasn't my intention to have myself reflected in the glass, though - I was more driven by the sad feelings evoked by thoughts of patients stranded behind them (doors) and the agony they must endure before getting out of the 'institution'.

Both doors were made of glass encaged in a spiked ironwork which provided layers in this photo. I remember wondering (before pressing the shutter) if it's going to be possible to get that effect of 'placing' my reflection in-between the layers... seems like I somehow succeeded as it appears that there's a door behind me as well - some sort of an illusion...

Not that I myself think this photo is something special, far from that - but it's certainly pleasing to hear someone can feel it the way I felt it at the time of taking it!

Many thanks for your lovely words and kindness,

R.