goodbye all my friends. - Page 7 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:09 PM
TE Expert

"Il y a eu 17 (dix-sept!!!) photos inactives pour la mme raison: Note insuffisante." - nothing to be so proud of. And always the same contempt for the senior members. We are not unsubordinate kids to be reprimanded.
If I delete all the note in one of my old photos, will you remove the photo because there is no note?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emka View Post
"Il y a eu 17 (dix-sept!!!) photos inactives pour la mme raison: Note insuffisante." - nothing to be so proud of.
Did I say I was proud of it? I wasn't, it's just what administrators are expecting from us, that the rules should be equitably followed. So if I see 17 photos with the SAME fault I won't make any difference, senior or not... In fact I'll be more carefully for newbie than for older members!

Quote:
We are not unsubordinate kids to be reprimanded.
I wonder sometimes...

Quote:
If I delete all the note in one of my old photos, will you remove the photo because there is no note?
If I, accidentally, would see that on one of your pictures from the last two weeks then YES, I would inactivate it.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carper View Post
And to viviane personal, Monday.
This is a copy of your message. Jaap:

12-26-2011, 02:02 PM
carper
TE Senior Member

hoi viviane
wil je zo vriendelijk zijn mijn account te deleten.
Zo als je misschien wel zult begrijpen.
groet jaap

What should I have done?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:25 PM
TE Senior Member

well Keith di 27-12-2011 19:48.
And to viviane personal, Monday.

maandag had ik er nog eentje gestuurd
Old 12-29-2011, 06:35 PM
TE Expert

(To Viviane) I wondered how Jaap deleted his photos so quickly..
Probably if you saw someone on the bridge or roof wanting to jump, you would help him and push... It is similar situation.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Anyway, it is very strange to remove photo because of the note. It is something that hasn't happened before, in any case I haven't heard of. Photo is something steady, note could be changed easily and in any time, if it seems not meaningful some words of warning are enough: please change the note. Removing the post is an unnecessary and cruel action.
The rule about notes has been in place for over a year and there is a 'Sticky' in the General forum reminding everybody of the fact. The sticky had to be set because members continued to ignore the requirement.
Many images have been removed for breaching the note rule and a large percentage were reactivated on reciept of a Review Request and agreement from the member to improve the note. Might the fact that you haven't heard of the rule say more about the attitude to the rules than you might wish to admit?
The note is considered to be an essential element of the site and a vital aid to the central aim "Learning about the world through photography". Whether or not some people like that rule is not a valid reason for ignoring it.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 PM
TE Senior Member

The note is considered to be an essential element of the site and a vital aid to the central aim "Learning about the world through photography". Whether or not some people like that rule is not a valid reason for ignoring it.

oke'for example, this is from the last two pages from today.

1 I dedicate this picture to all my friends who encouraged me Treakearth ta make my first steps on this fabulous site.
Happy New Year to all!

2 PS:For informations the colors are natural

...it was taken in Cinebonus cinema, in Erzurum

3 The blue wall in the Jardin Majorelle...

4 take the opportunity of the rain at night on the lighted (entrance of a cinema) pavement, to remember a song:

5.at Diamond Heads, on the southern coast of NSW, Australia.

6. flasks of hot water for noodle on the train from Beijing to Suizhong.

7. Sunset over the hills of the southern Black Forest.

This are good notes? what can I learn from this.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
(To Viviane) I wondered how Jaap deleted his photos so quickly..
Ask him, I don't know...

Quote:
Probably if you saw someone on the bridge or roof wanting to jump, you would help him and push... It is similar situation.
Sorry Emka, as you are sending such post, I won't reply any of your posts anymore, it's not worth it...
Old 12-29-2011, 07:12 PM
TE Expert

"Might the fact that you haven't heard of the rule say more about the attitude to the rules than you might wish to admit?

I know the rule but I haven't heard before that the photos were removed because of it. In fact, I appreciate all the elements - the photo, the note - not only paste and copy - and also good title. But it is just ideal. Not always we have time for all of that. Besides, the same time it would take to write to the member: We think that this note is insufficent, please change it and to wait with removing photo, say, 2 days, instead of removing first, then read explanations, and all other steps.

Last edited by emka; 12-29-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:14 PM
TE Expert

Default A propos de modrateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteplume View Post
Bonsoir Sad,

C'est vraiment le comble que VOUS, qui avez t un modrateur intransigeant - rappelez vous... - insinuiez prsent que nous avons voulu "nous dbarasser de Jaap"!
J'tais certes intransigeant avec les nouveaux membres qui s'inscrivaient pour publier de la publicit pour leur entreprises tel que les agences de voyages.
Pour les escrocs qui proposaient la vente de codes de cartes bleues, j'tais intransigeant pour celles qui proposaient leurs charmes sur le site.
J'tais intransigeant pour ceux qui piquaient les images des autres et les publiaient en leur propre nom. C'tait l le vrai rle du modrateur.
Je ne regrette pas d'avoir quitt le team comme notre ami Pixel Terror.
Je n'insinue rien propos de Jaap mais son image avait beaucoup de valeur sentimentale pour lui. L'anne 2011 a t trs dure pour cet homme qui a perdu un tre cher; mon avis il aurait fallu trouver une solution conjointe avec lui.

Je retourne donc dans lanonymat loin du forum.
Closed Thread