My Job in "real life" - Page 10 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-09-2007, 01:39 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Consultant to check who spends too long on TE

I am paid by companies to check who spends too long on TE during working hours and also study the behavior of the people on this very site. For exemple highly point-competitve members are prefered to those who only post 1 or 2 photos for fun or show antisocial behaviours. I assess skills like team-working, creativity, perseverance etc...
In some cases, it can be beneficial for the photographer, in some others it's not...

If you want me to give a good feedback to your company (so that you get a payrise to buy a new lense), write me good critics: No "TFS, good POV". Proper critics with whats and whys

hehe :-)
Old 05-09-2007, 05:34 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Research Scientist

Work as a research scientist in a major US Company that specializes in Materials/Technology. Currently I get paid to do early stage off-the-wall research, mostly in the Physical Sciences. The only connection between my day-job and TE is my first three years in the Optical Physics division of my company.

Cheers
Prantik
Old 05-09-2007, 06:18 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Another Geologist

Insurance Agent/Office Manager
Old 05-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

Default I get high for a living...

really!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Job?? Retired US Navy and full time grandmother :)))

Can't be sure which is harder, but I don't travel as much as a grandmother. Then again, I don't stand 12 hour watches, either or stand inspections or salute anyone. This is definitely better.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:58 AM
TE Newbie

Default My job is teaching English in Taiwan

In case you were wondering.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:58 AM
TE Senior Member

Default All of those.

Hey, I've done most of that crap...well, in some minor way. I work at a rental company...renting construction equipment, homeowner crap...industrial stuff; things, elements...items. Sometimes the place can be like a zoo...I've also been covered in hydraulic oil...Everyday someone threatens to put a hit on me; right after I threaten them...sorta like the mafia.
My hands and clothes are dirty, my days are toooo long (see lack of participation recently on TE); I have way toooo many tools.

BUT, this is not what I want to do...every day I feel the impact of lost braincells...need to flex THOSE muscles.

Buddy, it ain't the bottom of the social ladder, it's the top...who rebuilds when it all goes wrong? Not the IT nut; before you have a computer, you must have a house.

PS. I smell like diesel quite often.

Please ladies, give me space.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: My Job in "real life"

I'm 'in between jobs'. In Australia I was the sales manager for an engineering company. Then we moved here to Europe. My ultimate dream is to earn even a small living from my photography, but I have absolutely no idea how to go about that. I'll keep looking and trying to improve my photography till then. Great thread.
Best regards to all, Steve.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:59 AM
TE Expert

Default Hotelier en Corse - Hotel owner in Corsica

Mon metier ne me laisse que des moments volιs pour profiter de ma passion. Un jour par ci, quelques heures par lΰ..
Malgrι tout, j'ai la chance de vivre dans un pays oω le travail est intιressant (www.hoteldunord-corte.com)et les paysages magnifiques.

Ce sujet est trθs bon, et c'est assez incroyable de voir les origines diverses et variιes des membres de TE.

-----
My job let me only stolen moments to enjoy my passion. On day here, some hours there..
But i'm lucky to live in a region where my work (www.hoteldunord-corte.com) is interesting, and the landscapes awesome..

very good thread, incredible to see how TE is rich of people and experiences..
Old 06-05-2007, 12:23 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: My Job in "real life"

Interesting forum
I am physician, working half time in France, and half time for NGO. Actually i supervise 2 programms in Cambodia (emergency unit in Phnom Penh) and Zanzibar (maternal health in rural areas)