Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 04:45 AM
TE Expert

Post Virus Alert

Hi TEιrs and Admin

I am really concerned about the fact that when I access some of my Favourite photographers' pages here on TE, I get an alert from Microsoft that 3 different Trojans are attacking my computer.

JudyR has also had the same problem I believe and I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

Is Admin able to assist please?

Best regards
Lisa
Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 AM
TE Junior Member

Default virus

Hello Lisa,
I have had the same alert when using TE (on two different computers) which might itself be the virus if the message is opened. I have not opened the message and closing the computer and scanning for viruses with my normal software reveals no viruses. I am told that it is possible that it is coming from an advert or similar on TE. It would be good to have the admin's view.
Regards, Ann
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 PM
TE Expert

Post Thanks Ann

Thanks Ann

For your response. Yes, I'm having the same problem. I stupidly downloaded the "fix" thinking it was genuine. My anti virus scans show nothing but I still get the notification when opening Trekearth.

As my computer was affected by the virus that crashed many TEιrs hard drives a few months ago, I'm really worried.

I hope the Admin can respond soon.

Best regards
Lisa
Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Thank you for reporting -- our technicians are looking into this and I'll relay any information as soon as I have it.

Paul
Community Manager
Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 AM
TE Senior Member

Default viruses

Hi techies
Recently (past week), nearly every time I look at my "Critiques received", a warning flashes up telling me that I've been attacked by 3 viruses, and disabling access to the site. When checking/cleaning with MS Security Essentials, nothing is found. No other sites I'm visiting seem to create this problem. It seems a "hoax", as no viruses appear to be there, but it's become a regular phenomenon, and basically means that I can't use the site properly.
Do you have any idea what is going on; whether anyone else is suffering similarly; and particularly if you, or I, or anyone else can fix this annoying and potentially dangerous problem?
I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Regards
Will Perrett
Old 07-27-2012, 04:59 PM
TE Junior Member

Unhappy Virus Alert

Hi Everyone,
I have had the same problem and when I ran malwarebytes and AVG the first time 2trojans and some other nasty was found on my computer.I have had the message everytime I try to log in but have had not been infected again.
It is a real pain though and I have stayed off the site for a while for that reason.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM
TE Junior Member

Default problem continues

As I previously reported I have this problem sporadically. It continues.
It would be good to have a response.
Thanks, Ann
Old 07-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Exclamation

This morning (Pacific time) we turned off the ad network that we believe is serving this error message.

If you continue to see the false virus alert, please contact us through this thread.

Thank you,

Paul
Community Manager
Old 07-28-2012, 08:40 AM
TE Senior Member

Default virus alert

Hi Paul
I had the same alert message when I logged on this morning (0930) BST. It still appears to be active!
Will P
Old 07-28-2012, 12:27 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Thanks

Hi,
I've seen it for a few days.
I got the viruses on both my computers as well.. and I had to do full scans. It always shows "clean computer" sign, when I clicked, it asked me to download file. I didn't realise that the downloaded file was actually virus. I thought it was my problem, and later I found this fake alarms several times when I opened TE page, not other sites.
Thanks.
jasmine