To holmertz: Moderators?? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2020-05-02 1:16

Hello John,
It's a beautiful photo, perfectly exposed and so very sharp, but I suspect it's the interesting and well written note that saves it from the moderators. Are you sure you didn't mix up Claude with Jean in your reference to the traditions surrounding the lily of the valley in France? ;-)

As for your Wednesday walks I am sure you could soon continue them. Unless there is a law in the UK stopping you, you should be able to do them right away if you make sure to keep a reasonable distance between you. But I'm worried that this pandemic may have changed our minds for a very long time. Unless the WHO or someone claims scientific facts that the virus is gone, totally and forever (which they won't), will we be able to trust each other again? Can I hug my nieces, can I play with small children, can I go to the locker room at my gym without a fear deep inside me that I could be infected, or infect someone else?
Have a nice weekend,
Gert

Old 05-02-2020, 10:07 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Moderators??

Hello Gert,

Thank you for your kind remarks yet again!

I'm not quite sure why I should have feared the moderators when I uploaded this picture - it's not a "selfie" or a photo of my family, a domestic pet or even a garden plant - this was a hawthorn bush growing wild in woodlands near the River Clyde.

No, I didn't mix up Claude and Jean - I saw Claude's shot very early on yesterday (and Claude, like yourself, is one of my "favourites" - I met him during a mini TE meeting in Buxton, Derbyshire and he's a delightful fellow), but I didn't see Jean's impressive photo until long after I had posted this one!

Mmmmm. I'm not quite sure when our Wednesday walks will be able to recommence. Three's really only 3 or 4 of us but, although we do walk locally, we live a few miles from each other and so each week we take it in turns to pick up the others and drive to and from the place where we are going to walk. Social distancing might be feasible when walking together (or apart!) in the country but it's impossible in a motor car. But, as I live in Lanark and the others live in Carluke (about 5 miles away) I suppose I could drive to where they are and we could take a walk from there. But whatever happens when lockdown does start to ease, I am sure that life will be very different from what we knew in the past - and what we also took for granted. And, as you say, that will be for a very long time.

Stay safe and have a good weekend yourself, Gert.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:35 AM

Hi dear John,

You are absolutely right, you never will have to fear from the “moderators” because as long as I know and follow you I have never seen a note which could be insufficient or not suitable.
And of course this wonderful image is perfectly translating TrekEarth spirit... Absolutely crisp, perfect framing, lovely bokeh... A diamond in our TE Gallery!

Warm and friendly regards from Holland,
Viviane
Old 05-02-2020, 02:16 PM
TE Expert

Hello John and Viviane,
I probably didn't read the TOS carefully enough. I just had a general idea that the mods don't really like close-ups of any kind of flowers, unless they're accompanied by a good note. My mistake.
Gert
Old 05-02-2020, 02:34 PM

It’s alright Gert, there are many members who never read TOS, I am glad you did!

* It’s not about if “the mods like it or not”, it’s just following rules accepted when you want to become a member...

Friendly greeting and stay safe!
Viviane