To willperrett: Film sim - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great willperrett 2016-08-23 3:30

Hello Sayeed

A compelling monochrome portrait, with forceful eye-contact, and make even more evocative by your interesting and thought-provoking note. Maybe a bit grainy (you don't divulge what camera you were using, and it looks as if it may have been a mobile 'phone or a small compact), but actually that doesn't bother me at all, and in fact probably adds to the documentary/cinιma vιritι quality.

Regards

Will

Old 08-24-2016, 07:57 PM
TE Expert

Default To willperrett: Film sim

Hello Will, how are you?

Well, the grain is just a to suit a mood. Tried a Kodak tri x simulation. I just didn't like the smooth flat presentation, just experimenting. Oh how I wish I could shoot a 400 film..I have still one undeveloped ilford in the drawer. Some portraits in there, will share it with you when the prints come in. The camera is the regular d300 Nikon I have been using. But yes, the lens was a 50. I don't see the point in mentioning camera and technical details anymore. Camera is just another tool that will slowly but surely lose relevance in the long run. We need to see straight to the final product, the photography. All these gadgets and chips just cause an unnecessary distraction. I think you liked the photo a little bit. That's enough satisfaction for me.

Big handshake Mr. Will.

Sayeed
Old 08-24-2016, 09:10 PM
TE Senior Member

Hello Sayeed

I liked it more than a little bit!! The Kodak Tri X simulation: is that using Nik Silver FX Pro, by any chance? Like you, I love film, and used to teach darkroom techniques; sadly my last film camera (Canon T90) has died, but I can still borrow my daughter's Bronica ETRS. Now that's special!

Will