To ourania: backlight - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ourania 2014-09-19 13:32

Hello Jose,
wonderful management and use of the backlight, the shadows show that its angle was extremely challenging but you managed to obtain amazing clarity in the vast and varying view as well as lovely vivid colours. I like very much the sense of height and the long perspective that leads us from the ancient site to the modern city. The Acropolis Museums is so well placed between them. A great presentation, I feel nostalgia even for the midsummer heat of Athens:) Congratulations and thank you!
All the best, have a great weekend,
Ourania

Old 09-21-2014, 12:48 AM
TE Expert

Default To ourania: backlight

Hi Ourania,

You noticed it well. As al of us (I guess), I have had plenty of bad experiences with backlight, specially at mid day, like in this photo, to the point of not even shooting anything, which is bad because when I come back home (I rarely look at the shots when I am travelling) I discover that I haven't photos of some places I would like to, even if they were lousy.

But sometimes I am lucky, like I was here, with the help of the magic Greek light. :-) The sky is a bit fake; what you see is much a result of some PP to make it more blue.

Regards, Josι.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 PM
TE Senior Member

Hello Jose,
your pp work was great too. The sky shouldn't look that blue from this point, judging from the angle of the light You gave it a very pleasant "Attica blue" tone though and managed to achieve even a natural looking graduation. I appreciate the care with which you did this work.
All the best, have a lovely week,
Ourania