You know what?? Phuck this - Page 3 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: You know what?? Phuck this

shelly, it seems i'm kinda late - but i hear things turned out fine, finally :) - anyhow, i join the others in saying: don't leave ... we all shine our true colors through this place - would be a pitty to loose any of them
stay around,
dora
Old 10-12-2007, 11:41 AM

Shelly,

I'm also coming to this 'discussion' late so probably all I'm doing is repeating what others have said.
1. You've been on the site long enough to know the rules and chose to ignore one of them. Don't blame others because your rule violation was spotted.
2. The same image could legitimately have been posted on TrekLens without causing any problem whatsoever.
3. You are right in saying that baby pictures appear on the site on a regular basis. The only way to stop that and other rule violations happening is to report each and every one you see. It's an almost impossible job for the mods to view every image in detail so they need our help to monitor what is being posted. Reporting a suspected violation isn't infringing on anybody's freedom so stop complaining and start acting!
Now scurrying off to find a very deep shelter before Shelly explodes again :-)
Old 10-12-2007, 11:45 AM
TE Senior Member

Nah, Keith, you and the others were right. I was in the wrong and my temper got the best of me to my great embarrassment. It really sucks, too.. :)) Thanks, though. Have a good day!
S.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:13 PM
TE Senior Member

Hello Shelly. While I have to admit that I was put off by your first post, I have to give you full credit for owing up to your mistake and accepting all responsibility. It is refreshing and rare to see such actions these days. Congratulations on your new grandchild.

It is not impossible to post a photo of your grandchild on TE while keeping completely within the TOS. A simple portrait won't be it, but there are other things you can do if you use your imagingation, at least I believe so. I think I did so a while ago in posting a photo of my daughter to be. I think that in finding a situation where I was actually showing something about the process of having a baby, coupled with a good enough note, that I was able to both show off as it were, yet make a worthwhile upload. George has some posts froma delivery room in his portfolio and I wouldn't doubt that it was a family member or friend who was the subject, but because of how he shot the photos, they are totally within the ethos of TE. I think the challenge, and the fun, is to find a way to make it work.

Good luck and a big congratualtions.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:37 PM
TE Expert

Hello Daren...
Hello Shelly...

Just for the record…

NONE of the many persons in my hospital series is:
A relative, a family member, a friend, an acquaintance, an associate, a colleague - whatsoever. Even distantly. NIL. NOPE !
One of the women there gave me her address to deliver the bunch of photos from her delivery close up procedures and shortly after (the one in WS, with the exposed breast. And Yes, I did.. I delivered these photos for her. ‘These’ photos are not acceptable for display on TE, (some of them were removed from TL site, by admin.)… in any circumstances – but of course.

(My acceptance to the hospital wardens was one of the prizes for winning some (silly) photo contest.
I was running back then as a outstanding , very talented and revolutionary fresh – young foto-artista, photographing mostly street pavements with the fragments of shoes included, (or sewer holes, or tramway rail tracks) – being influenced by the pictures from an old, (found in the attic), German photo magazine (circa 1930 !!!), full of revolutionary fresh photos with the street pavements (including fragments of shoes).
What I artistically improved however, is to make my photos out of focus and flipped them upside down, or better yet… Tilt them 45 degr. to the left (it was important to tilt them 'to the left' in Poland - those days!)

That’s all, doc…
Already in the mood for a weekend.

Yours
g.

PS: Gosh... I miss these old, pavement' negatives dearly...
Can you imagine amount of green monkeys I could receive for them - today !!!!