To BennyV: Olympics - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great BennyV 2016-08-23 1:55

Thought-provoking note, good picture...welcome back.

India at the Olympics has always puzzled me. If tiny Belgium gets more medals than India, surely the Olympics can't have their priorities right? Or what is it about Indian athletes?

Cheers & thanks for your critiques

Benny

Old 08-24-2016, 08:18 PM
TE Expert

Default To BennyV: Olympics

Well i will tell you what is wrong with the Indian system. The silver medalist has been showered with cash prize of 1.6 million pounds from politicians and corporate houses and business people. They could have very well pumped the same amount of money to training facilities to build athletes over years, well at least in one category. But no, the Indian system is flawed. These so called people in power are more concerned about their photos and representation in the media with the athlete. They are least interested in sports, all "they" care about is scams and how to misappropriate millions and millions of dollars like in the commonwealth games that was held in New Delhi few years back. Secondly, the curriculum in school and later in high school, the focus is always academics and not sports. I mean kids play Cricket(which is a religion back here) but nothing more. How do 1.2 billion people sensitive themselves? How do they learn to believe there is something beyond cricket. And thirdly, I feel a lot has to do with genetics. The natural build and structure of the Indian male and female is very different from the Americans, the Europeans etc. Physical strength plays A major role and competing with the best in the world is quite a challenge. I have read scientific reports analysing similar lines of thought. But yes I believe if the training and the funding is good, Indian athletes can begin to dream and win eventually. It takes a funding of 5 million pounds overs years on just one athlete so that he or she could win a gold. How's that for a statistic ?

Anyway, I am happy that two women brought india joy and hope we get a gold some day. Indians you know are good with the brain, all over the world, be it intelligence agencies, banks, nasa, Google, Microsoft etc there will always be Indians in top positions.

That's how we are made.

Big hand shake.

Sayeed