Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 04:22 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation Hunting old files in TE

Hello:

I guess should have a tool for members to research the largest files of the older members.
An example: I have more than one thousand images in the site, but if a member want to see my first images easily he-she is obligated to click many times in the pages bellow to reach my old times photos. if there is a easier way to do that I don't know.
I guess the site should be modernized, have some rules removed and have more flexibility.

take care

jorge
Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM

With so little activity on the site I can't imagine that IB will invest the time and effort required to modernise.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:02 AM
TE Expert

Default Hunting an old file

You are quite right. It would be nice to have a tool to hunt an old file.
I personally like going back in people's old photos. After all, it's a pity they should be forgotten and only new posts appreciated.
However it seems we'll have to use the old scroller. It took me less than 2 mins to get to p287 of Fis2 who is the most prolific member on TE with 5159 photos.
Beta Trekearth is easier because you can move the pages 5 by 5 at the top of the gallery page without having to scroll down to the bottom each time like on Trekearth.
The disadvantage with Beta is when the photos are very large, the site doesn't ajust the size. To see the photo properly I click right on "view image". But then, we can't read the note at the same time :-(
Another way is if you are looking for a member's photo from a specific region in a specific country, you can use the "photo Location information" list at the bottom of the intro or overview page.
Good luck and kind regards.
Marie-Louise.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:49 PM

Not a perfect method by any means, but you can put the page number in on all Gallery pages except the first one. For example https://www.trekearth.com/gallery/page22.htm With 18 images to a page you can then skip back through time quite quickly. Open an image on that page and look at the date posted.
As I say, far from ideal but quicker than scrolling through each page.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:59 AM
TE Expert

Default Hunting old files

but is this only for the general page ?
for example: I want to see an archive of a member with one thousand photos, I want to see his-her first pages. how I can use that link?

take care

jorge
Old 04-29-2019, 01:11 PM

Bonjour Jorge,

Here I have the link to the second page of your gallery: https://www.trekearth.com/members/jmdias/photos/page2.htm
if i change the number 2 into 240:https://www.trekearth.com/members/jm...os/page240.htm
Try it...

Amicalement,
Viviane
Old 04-30-2019, 07:37 PM
TE Expert

Cool old posts

hello:

I finally understood how to use the upper bar, modifying the number of the pages, to reach the older files. TFS.
thank you!
take care

jorge