hard disk failure and data recovery - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-23-2004, 09:35 PM
TE Newbie

Default hard disk failure and data recovery

Hi all!
I’d like to share with you a very bad experience I had recently. I’ve been traveling a lot this summer mostly in Greece and loved to take photographs everyday, at the end of the summer I had a vast amount of more than 7000 photos in just 4 months. The day I decided it would be wise to make a backup my hard disk failed and I had saved only 200 photos. I was so sad that I couldn’t sleep that night. I took my hard disk in lots of computer stores but nobody could help. I found on the internet that the only way I might get some data back is by sending it to a specialized data recovery company. I wonder if any of you had ever tried a company like this and if it actually works.
Always keep a backup of your photos!
Best regards
Sifis
Old 10-23-2004, 09:58 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: hard disk failure and data recovery

hello sifis
im really sorry to hear about this
maybe you can contact maciej.. i think he had some problem with his data in india, though im not sure what the problem was. i still work on film and dont know the a,b,c.... of digital photography.
i hope things work out for you
take care
Old 10-24-2004, 01:00 AM
TE Senior Member

Hello Sifis,
This is so sad and boring situation and terrible to loose all the efforts and time spent.

Here, in Turkey, there are lots of professional companies and they do recover almost all the data. Happened once (a foundation's whole disk's gone) and we got the whole data back.

I'm sure you do have also lots of places to help you.

Regards
Bulent
Old 10-24-2004, 10:57 AM
TE Newbie

Hello Sifis.
I know your situation can be a nightmare. But hope is not lost yet. Don't do anything with that harddisk and tell me exactly what happened. In the past I have recovered my own data as well as others'.
See you soon,
Pieter