Site beacomes slower? - Page 3 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-29-2005, 11:39 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Site beacomes slower?

Don't know, here the site is as fast as before, maybe due to less people around but I wonder if everyone is still experiencing this slowness or am I the only one ?
Henk
Old 05-30-2005, 02:23 AM
TE Expert

Today and yesterday should be running faster than it ever has been been due to several reasons:

1. Holiday weekend, so less people browsing.

2. User stats are only updated once a day.

3. A change to the code to improve speed.

It's running fast for me, so if it's slow for you today, are other sites slow? If not, I'm not sure what the reason is.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:31 AM
TE Senior Member

Thanks Adam, it is running fine for me today. No delays at all. I have had no trouble at all with the TL and TN sites.
Many thanks for your work and your patience with us impatient ones!
Cheers
Janice
Old 05-30-2005, 07:21 AM
TE Newbie

Thanks Adam for your efforts, its 5:15 am english time and the site runs like before, fast and no problems at all. i like the site as it looks and works right now but if speed problems may occur again why not post one photo every 48 hours instead of 24? anyway, best regards to everyone
Old 05-30-2005, 08:50 AM
TE Expert

Its super fast today an has been for a few days. GREAT JOB ADAM! If posting one photo every 48 hours improved the speed, Im all for it. Perhaps it would allow everyone to slow down, look more at other photos instead of churning out photo after photo.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:29 AM
TE Junior Member

I think more people is joining TE every day, your idea is very good, to post one photo every second day (every 48 hours).
My speed right now is back to normal but it may happen again.
Regards.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:18 AM
TE Expert

My understanding of the problem through all the messages I've read in the different thread about those speed problem in the past few week and specifically all the updates from Adam tells me that it is not very much the number of pictures posted that slow down the system but the number of visitors and the users stat update. Therefore reducing the number of post to one every 2 days won't change will not affect much the speed.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:59 PM
TE Expert

Right, but it wouild make us slow down. There would be more reflection and more time taken to look at photos. Right now its like a factory, people submit a photo per day even if they dont really have great photos to submit.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:53 PM
TE Expert

Another solution could also be to critique less picture but spend more time in critiquing more in depth some selected pictures.
I know that there's another problem which is too many pictures received no comment at all but maybe people should also start commenting picture they think are not so good pointing out why, to their opinion. the picture has flaws and how to fix them. People tend to only comment picture they like, this won't help the beginners.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:48 AM
TE Expert

Thanks Adam,
I found your reply only today, but have to admit the speed increased recently or... should I say, it seems pages are being opened more quickly.
Whatever you did, thank you for that - it makes a HUGE difference!
Regards,
Robi