Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Ascot 2010-04-26 1:06

Good morning John, how's it going? I love this effect of using a longer exposure to achieve the soft effects of the water. I have tried this, and I feel that my photos are a bit on the blue side, whereas you have got a nice pink tinge on the waterfall. I know it is because of the artificial lighting, but it is still great! I love your note too.

I am just about to look at your links to this photo. How do you do that?

Greetings from Norway once again. I arrived back here a week late because of Eyjafjallajokull, and am noticing the difference in temperature. I'll soon get acclimatised.

Warm greetings, Amelia

Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 PM
TE Expert

Default To Ascot: HTML and all that jazz...........

Thank you Amelia, for your kind remarks about this picture.

Ah, ha. You wonder how to add in links to other pictures/web pages, etc. Well, I'm no computer expert at all, but you can look at the bottom of any of the pages here and click on "About", then click on "FAQ" and scroll down to item 19 and do as it says. I had a bit of difficulty at first, I must say. And it's even more difficult now because the way it tells you in that paragraph no. 19 works when writing notes or critiques but adding links in messages such as this is by a slightly different, and simpler, method - it's called BB code whereas the code for notes and critiques is HTML. Understand? Well, er, perhaps not.

If you write <A HREF=" (remember the gap between the A and the HREF=") then put the url of the webpage (i.e. if you're looking at a picture on TE, highlight the bit http://www.trekearth.com.. picture12345 etc and copy and paste it after the ") then add another " then a > after which you write "here" or "this picture" or whatever (without the quotes) then add </A> then you're done.

With BB code, it's a bit easier. Look at "FAQ" at the top of this page. Then Posting new messages. Look at the last line in that box and click on the link "click here" and it tells you how to use BB code - it uses square brackets.

Have a try anyway, Amelia. If it doesn't work, give me a shout or email me through this site and I can probably help by email. Trouble is that here, putting things like <A HREF in can upset the formatting of this whole message. So I'll preview this before I send it!

Best of Luck!

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:07 PM
TE Newbie

Well thanks for that John - following instructions is my bκte noire! It took me a month before I could 'do' links on Panoramio, and that is a simple [comment](photo ID). I will do it though - or at least have a go. I hope I can surprise both you and myself. Watch this space