Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Bergenphotos 2010-04-20 14:07

Hei Amelia.

Never really thought of Stavanger as a nice city, maybe a bit because it's the oil city #1, but it hits me now that it actually can be very nice sometimes. The houses don't look very different from ours and the view to the mountains is always there. If you remove all the houses, this view actually reminds me of the view from Fedje, the westernmost municipality in Norway, which has an amazing panoramic view to the mainland and the mountains like this. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Flott bilde!

PS. I think Stavanger is the 4th largest city in Norway (After Oslo, Bergen and Trondheim).

Beste hilsener fra "byen mellom de syv fjell".

Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Bergenphotos: Stavanger

Hei Fredrik, maybe I was counting all the communes of Stavanger, which includes the other conurbation of Sandnes, so I'll bow to your superior knowledge

We like Stavanger, there is always something interesting going on at the harbour, but as you say, it is the oil city. We are hoping to get up to your neck of the woods soon. I was going to go on a trip with a TE member, but I don't think that will happen now, as unfortunately I am stuck in the UK, with all the flight disruptions. I am hoping to get there at the weekend.

Greetings to the city of 7 peaks