Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

tafa 2008-08-14 3:38

you have some problem with our name ?
...MACEDONIA...

Old 08-26-2008, 02:43 PM
TE Newbie

Default To tafa: official name of the state

look at the name of country wich are aou registered in :-) Macedonia FYR or FYROM whatever... you have to write to admin too :-)
Old 08-28-2008, 06:39 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To tafa: official name of the state

You are quite mistaken. The constitutional name is Republic of Macedonia and 118 countries (or so) have recognized and use the name Republic of Macedonia. In UN we are admited under the provisional reference the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. Provisional reference not name! There is a big difference. Even though we really dislake the reference if you don't feel like using the constutional name, use Macedonia FYR or the whole reference. The shortcut has no meaning and it deprives us of identity, so there is BIG difference, and it is insulting. Check the UN site and you'll see that the shortcut is not used anywhere, even Greece oficials don't use it.
In this period there is a lot of tension between us and Greeks on the issue and I'm very happy to see that both us and them do restrain from any provocations here on the site. I guess it would be polite if you would too.

Bojan