To SteveH: silhouette vs detail - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great SteveH 2008-03-03 3:42

Hi Cora, I really like the composition in this shot. I would like to have seen a bit more detail of the boat, rather than just the silouette, but more out of interest in the boat than from a photographic view. cheers, Steve

Old 03-03-2008, 11:46 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To SteveH: silhouette vs detail

Hi Steve,

It's funny that you say that... depending on the callibration of my monitor, and the version I'm looking at, I have some with more detail in the boat. I'm undecided which one I like better... Think the silhouetted one mainly because in the ones where there is more detail on the boat the sky gets a bit washed out.

There were actually three boats lined up so I have a few other compositions of this scene, but I liked the simplicity of this one.

Thanks for your comments!

cora
Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To SteveH: silhouette vs detail

BTW - I had a look at your other photos of Oman on pbase. Very impressive. If you get a chance I recommend going to Yemen. I'm sure you'd come back with many great shots. cheers, Steve
Old 03-03-2008, 12:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To SteveH: silhouette vs detail

I'd love to go to Yemen, I've heard some very good things about it! There are just so many places to see and experience -- if only time and money weren't an issue! Little by little...

Thanks for seeking me out on pbase... you too have some amazing photos! Myanmar must have been simply amazing! You've got some wonderful scenes and portraits!

Also love your wildlife images - great captures... very crisp and clear! The bats and parrots in particular are amazing!

Happy shooting!