To scalerman: Travails - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

scalerman 2008-01-05 9:22

Sam: I'm back from 6 months of travails [sic] through pan-Himalaya and down into the subcontinent. I didn't have a lot of time to critique or participate on TE while I was gone. Just an occasional upload was a chore. Your critiques, and photography, for that matter have always been of a high standard and progressive. I'm surprised that you're still around TE. I'm surprised I am.

OK the picture and note, loving what you did with the DOF here. That lens on your D50 is really showing off here. I have alot of time now in the American Southwest to shoot landscapes - the next frontier - the road goes on forever. regards, c

Old 01-05-2008, 07:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To scalerman: Travails

Thanks for the kind words about my critiques and photography--they're certainly appreciated.

The travails that have kept me away from TE over that same length of time were more predominantly school-related.

Yeah... it's been pretty sad to see some of the photographers that i had learned the most from leave (particularly Francis)... i've occasionally considered doing the same or similar and have taken a few fairly large hiatuses from the site, but i feel like there's certainly still more that i can learn here, so there's no harm in sticking around.

As for the lens--my parents talked me into shooting some family portraits at the beginning of the summer, and bought me the 50mm f/ 1.8 as payment just in time for my trip to Panama... shooting with high quality glass was pretty refreshing :-D

Let me know if you're ever unfortunate enough to find yourself in Oklahoma.

Happy shooting!
sam