Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mikeo 2008-01-03 3:15

Hi Ebbe,

I don't think that it's good idea to upload photo about polish workers...;/ In my opinion they are workers - i know they don't look as workers, but for 99% they are!

There is lot of more interesting people/places in Poland...:) With photos like this one, all we can be worry about Euro 2012... Don't scare us!:)

Greetings,

Michal

Old 01-02-2008, 06:23 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To mikeo: What I get to see...

Hi!

A problem with my travels is that I get to see airports, boring hotels and occasionally a construction site or a bridge that is remarkable for whatever the reason. But nevertheless, these guys and the bridges they build, are needed to let other people travel to te interesting sites you mention and later I can look at them on TE :)

I don΄t think you have to be ashamed of Polish construction workers but I think you might have a problem keeping the best of them in Poland at the moment as they can earn big money elsewhere. So maybe you are lacking manpower in the industry for now but things will change again, they always do...

They way a construction worker looks in a picture is more depending on how much money his employer is willing to spend on clothing than on how good a job they do.

Here are some other Polish guys that helped to build an awardwinning bridge between Sweden and Norway a few years ago:

http://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=7&p=95592
http://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=7&p=92935

/Ebbe
Old 01-02-2008, 06:32 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To mikeo: What I get to see...

Hi!

So try to travel not where are some construct works, but where are festivals for example:) And about polish workers - u r right... But photo like yours makes their reputation lower and lower:)

Anyway... Few months ago there was great construct works when one bridge was moving above other one - you can see fe photos from this moment...

thx and greetings,

Michal