Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great e-liz 2007-09-10 15:21

namaste hemant-ji!
I really like this shot!
is it this mountain the house of shiva and his wife?

elisa

Old 09-11-2007, 02:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To e-liz: thanks.......

well this is what they say...... but no doubt it is one of toughest peak to conquer as told by the localites.
You must plan a trip to India, especially North of India its enchanting.
And how do u know this much of Hindi?
regards,

Hemant
Old 09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To e-liz: thanks.......

i'm really planning a trip in the north of india for the next year. my only big problem is the period, I can only in august and I know that this is not the best period because of the weather. so...what do you think? is it good?
I don't know so much about hindi, the few things I know are due to my boyfriend...he spent 2 months in india (varanasi) for his thesis.

best regards
byebye hemant

elisa
Old 09-12-2007, 03:03 AM
TE Junior Member

ha.....now i understand.....varanasi is another decent place.....its pretty dirty but spiritual.
Ok there is no harm in coming to india in august...i mean entire india can be visited in august, except that you might encounter some rains here and there.
If you are planning hills of north india, then you might see more of rains...but its ok....i take some small trips uphill during monsoon and its an altogether different experience visiting mystical hills during rains.
Plan a visit to Leh- Ladakh or Homachal....thats where entire fun is....beautifuul mountains.....i mean u'll just love it.
on the overall...i wont say august is bad at all...its not the best of the choice but its not bad either....try coming as early as possible in august.
keep in touch ...me and my family are too much of traveles...i mean whenever time allows us, we take a trip...long or short......may be we can spend sopme time of the holiday together....ha ha ha...anyways.....do come to india.....trust me...it'll change ur life....especially the hills of north
take care

Hemant
Old 09-12-2007, 11:28 AM
TE Newbie

yes...august is not definitly the best period because of the monsoon, but I want to visit India and i haven't another choice for the period. do you think that the south is better? I mean, I have never visited India, so wich is the best part to start my exploration in august?
give me ideas, I'll appreciate!
it shoul be really funny if I'll meet you and your family in my indian trip! who knows...never say ever! Keep in touch!

have a good day!

elisa
Old 09-14-2007, 02:45 PM
TE Junior Member

ok....well india is a vast country and one cannot hope to see all of it in one rip...to be honest even I have not seen many parts. Ilove mountains and so I'll always be biased towards hills anywhere in the world than deserts or sea or whatever.
Kerla is also a great choice, if you are looking for backwater boat ride, tropical gardens and sea and it sure has rich heritage and gardens full of spices.....i wont say it is not a good choice...t definitely is.
But as I said mountains are my favourites and people form all over the world visit North of India to search or their Karma and Dharma in Himlayas.....os u decide....
It will be great to meet you if you ever plan a rip to India ....ur right ...never say ever.....but whatever part.....do visit india and count me in for any help north or south (kerla), though I'd be more helpful in north as i reside there.
take care and keep in touch.
regards,

Hemant