To keribar: Tripod at the Louvre - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great keribar 2006-08-26 1:47

Hello Cora,

This is splendid. A place that had been photographed a million times, and here a prize winner among them. The timing, and the framing is simply gorgeous. Congratulations.
What I don't understand is the fact that tripods are not allowed around the Louvre, either you did it before getting caught or you had a special permission.

All th best - Izzet

Old 09-07-2006, 11:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To keribar: Tripod at the Louvre

Hi Izzet,

Thanks for your comments. With regard to the tripod thing, I actually have to admit that I had no idea it wasn't allowed. We were there on the May Day weekend and this was the Friday of so I guess everyone, including the people who would normally have shooed me away, had already left town though there was one security guard roaming around who didn't seem to care at all.

There weren't very many people out in general, probably because of the holiday, but also because it was absolutely freezing cold that night. By the time we left after the sun set and got these shots we were completely frigid. There was one other guy there with his tripod as well, running around taking shots, but left in a hurry - perhaps he was expecting to have to leave anyway.

So I guess I was lucky...

Thanks for the post and happy shooting!

Best,
Cora