To kasianowak: What do people think? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2017-01-29 1:36

Zdravo Klaudio
Amazing architecture and beautiful view by the river.
One of my favourite countries... I was there last time almost exactly a year ago, January 2016, on the way to Nagorno Karabakh, two days before the explosion in Sultanahmet. It was still great, but I'm not sure what it is like at the moment, after the July 2016 coup. I know there is lots of propaganda. I was on Turkish Airlines flight last September; beside an inflight magazine there was a brochure distributed by Turkish government "Trumph of Democracy in Turkey" about how the coup was prompty dealt with. I exchange emails with a Turkish girl I met last year and know it is not what the people think... I would like to go there again to just see what is really happening.
Best wishes
Kasia

Old 01-29-2017, 10:36 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To kasianowak: What do people think?

There are Turks in Melbourne who admire Erdogan and see him as someone who will save Turkey. Something akin to what the Russians think of Putin who will restore Russia from a country of alcoholics to another Sparta. New millennium, same old war dances. Pozdrav. Klaudio.