View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 05:36 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Homerhomer: street_parade_Zurich_2005 (#3)

Interesting thing about photography is that it is soo subjective that none of us is wrong, we are all right, you are right in wanting to present the situation, I am correct in receiving the message the way I see it, which could be completely different from the way you are trying to convey it, and the viewers who are looking at the picture the way you want them to, are also right, this isn't math, this is a very subjective matter and no matter how willingly and aggressivly we defent our point of view, we still gonna be both right.
What is important for you doesn't have to be importan to me if I don't see it, if you take photo of a painted horse and all I see is a zebra, well then this is all I see and for me this is a picture of a zebra and not a horse. Same applies here, I see two poeple kissing, is it what they do in reality? not important to me, for me is importat what I feel and see, and not what you felt and saw and whether you were a participant or just observer.

The fact that being with the camera so close maybe difficult isn't important either, the final result is.

Now for your latest upload I will reply since you ask for my opinion, I guess my taste is fairly unique, and I see that number of poeple like it, well for me it just doesn't do much, sorry I am difficult to please sometimes.
Here is the example of a photo that I really like, well it comes from one of my favourite photographers so there is no surprise here.
http://www.agencevu.com/en/photographes/default.asp?Photographes=1
Please click on the second photo in the third raw.
I like it because first it's made in the style that appeals to me, bw etc, secondly I feel the passsion.

Thanks for allowing me to express my own opinion, and since this is an opinion it's not wrong, and you are not in disagreeing with it.

Also thanks for your kind comment on my photo, I am glad you appreciated my attempts of trying different things with camera because this is indeed what makes it interesting for me.
Peter