View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 01:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Photo Re-Post Feature Now Available

"Maybe 3-4 total."

I'll see if this feature becomes popular. Once I see that it's actually used, I can added another repost option. (It's not trivial to do this, otherwise I would have done it from the get-go.)

"I think that earlier versions of the photo should remain in the 'Photos' section archive, because it will most likely be the earliest versions that have the most comments (and, thus, are most useful as a learning tool)."

Well, once a photo has been re-posted, it automatically becomes "linked" to the original image. Thus, a link will automatically be displayed from the re-posted photo page, called 'Original Image'. By clicking on the 'Original Image', all the old critiques, comments will be displayed. And since it's newer, a user will be more likely to see it first anyway since it will be displayed first.

"The more opportunities the user has to access the photo, the better, in my opinion."

That's true also. I can do this very, very easily. Search will still be the same. I'll see how it goes for now. I can always change that later on. Thanks for the feedback.