The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To sarju: thanks sarju (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458583)

indoka28 07-11-2007 08:14 AM

To sarju: thanks sarju

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the wonderful comment..and i am very happy that seeing my shots u have made up your mind to visit Sikkim..the purpose is solved for me..well..I am based in Kolkata and am running an Exotic Tour Operating company by the name "Ongoz Escapades"..I am organise treks, alpine treks, camping ,raftings..simple family tours with small treks and also wilderness camps in the jungles..and my area of work is North Bengal and Sikkim..so this time when u plan to visit Eastern Himamlayas..u can get in touch with me for any information what so ever..or even my services if you desire so!!

Regards,

Indro

sarju 07-11-2007 02:09 PM

Re: To sarju: thanks sarju

Hello Indro,
Good to know your line of work .... I have some Sikkimese/Canadian friends that I intend to visit in Sikkim and I am pretty excited about that.
Good to know your line of work, I never really hire guides or guided tours ... but i do recommend good tour companies to other novice travellers ... so i will keep it mind to update you about my whereabout so that we can arrange some TE meeting ;-) ... in case we are close to each other in space and time.
Good Day .... Sarju
PS: My gradfather served in Sikkim for 5 years .. IN army at a post of more than 5k ... so for me, it will be kind of a pilgrimage.

indoka28 07-12-2007 04:10 AM

Hello Sarju,

Yes this will be a pilgrimage for you.R u also from defence BG..?? My father was in the IAF ans I keep on looking for friends from defence.... i am planning to organise a TE meeting during oct-nov and will definitely inform you about it..do let me know of your whereabouts when you come here so we can plan a meeting with few more of TE members here..!!

take care,
Regards,
Indro

sarju 07-13-2007 05:59 PM

yes ... most of my family was in defence ... but than all of us moved to England, New Zealand ... and my father decided to come to Canada.
It will be good to meet the TE gang in India ... maybe we can plan something like a trip to some national park or something (on the lines of the Romanian meeting) ... but we will ofcourse plan it better than them ;-)
Regards ... Sarju

indoka28 07-13-2007 07:15 PM

Oh yes absolutely..I am planning to organise it in Dooars..well it has jaldapara wild life sanctuary and chapramari national park...let me know of yours plans..

we will have a workshop on photography with TE members narrating their experiences and also big time fun..with cam and otherwise..!!

be in touch..!!
Regards,
Indro

japiey 07-13-2007 07:25 PM

Hi Indro..

That's a great idea...

do let me know abt your plans too :)

jp

sarju 07-14-2007 05:28 AM

Interesting ... interesting ... very intersting.
I can't really give you any rigid plan right now ... but i am flying to beijing in the first week of August ... and than after spending few days in Beijing ... I along with Julia (leiju on TE), intend to crawl into India through Tibet and and Nepal (travelling overlan din buses and trains) ... I think we should be in India by early or mid September .... thats all I can say right now.
I will keep keep you guys informed about my plans as the deveolop or transform ;-)
regards ... sarju